AKB Strategies is seeking an enthusiastic communications associate or campaign/issue organizer who is task and project management driven and a strong writer.
AKB Strategies is a boutique communications and government affairs consulting firm that specializes in strategy, communications, and public affairs services for cause-driven nonprofit organizations, foundations, and businesses. For over 25 years, AKB has implemented successful campaigns to help our clients advance meaningful change on a range of important issues, from human rights to hunger to climate change and healthcare. As a small and nimble firm, AKB combines the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the experience and talent of larger firms – without the bureaucracy or narrowly-defined position.
The Associate is a support level position with some administrative tasks and is also a position with lots of room for growth and potential. As with all start-ups, your opportunity for growth and to take on roles with increasing responsibility are limited only by your desire to work hard and your ability to learn new skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience in project and issue management, research and writing, and be passionate about issue campaigns and progressive causes. Candidates must consider themselves excellent verbal and written communicators, must be able to use independent thought and prioritize work, be eager to work in a fast-paced environment, manage a truly diverse workload, be flexible in style and spirit, and enjoy entrepreneurial situations.
- Supporting the communications team through the creation of content for our clients including press releases, social media posts, graphics, as well as conducting research and proactively identifying new opportunities to increase earned media results.
- Assisting in the development of materials for our clients including facts sheets, client reports, legislative summaries, advocacy emails, clips, and client stories through both research and writing.
- Managing some client and office logistics including legislative visits, conferences, meetings and events as well as media opportunities.
- Perform additional media duties including monitoring and organizing media clips, conducting media outreach and developing targeted media lists.
- 3+ yearsof experience in communications, campaign or issue advocacy, specific experience in project management, stakeholder outreach, coalition development or strategic communications
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including for a range of audiences
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to dive in and take ownership of a project quickly
- Good sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree
Salary and benefits: $55k-$65k depending on experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) plan.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: AKB Strategies Associate Position
AKB Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion/creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, military status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, marital status or partnership status.