AKB Strategies is seeking an experienced communications strategist who can manage and implement campaigns for our cause-driven clients, enjoys executing public affairs campaigns designed to influence policy and advocacy efforts and considers themselves a strong writer.
AKB Strategies is a boutique communications and government affairs consulting firm that specializes in strategy, communications, and public affairs services for cause-driven nonprofit organizations, foundations, and businesses. For over 25 years, AKB has implemented successful campaigns to help our clients advance meaningful change on a range of important issues, from human rights to hunger to climate change and healthcare. As a small and nimble firm, AKB combines the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the experience and talent of larger firms – without the bureaucracy or narrowly-defined position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Designed and executed successful communications and strategic public affairs campaigns for non-profits, or advocacy and/or political campaigns, and businesses
- A strong understanding of strategic communications and an experienced writer
- Background in stakeholder outreach and direct client management
- Developed communications and marketing plans that include social media, message development, and media relations
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be eager to work in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated but also collaborative, able to manage a truly diverse workload, flexible in style and spirit and see themselves as a true entrepreneur; a sense of humor is an added bonus.
- Developing and implementing client strategic communication and advocacy plans, including message development, stakeholder engagement, media and social media outreach, executive positioning and grassroots engagement
- Writing a range of content including client reports, press releases, advocacy emails, web content and other materials, for different audiences
- Building strong relationships with prospective clients while maintaining existing client relationships to ensure campaign success and client satisfaction
- Coordinating and collaborating with firm founder and team members, consultants, and vendors to ensure client success
- Event planning and logistics for clients and/or campaigns
- 7+ years of experience in communications, or issue advocacy, including managing projects, campaigns and personnel
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including for a range of audiences
- Experience in stakeholder outreach and strategic communications
- Experience in campaign and messaging development, environmental scan/audience analysis research, and events management (preferred)
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Nimble, team-player who can respond appropriately to quick turn-around requests and changing priorities
- Ability to dive in and take ownership of a project quickly
- Experience with project management tools and/or content management systems
- Working proficiencies in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree
Salary and benefits: Salary $80-100k depending on experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) plan.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: AKB Senior Director Position
AKB Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion/creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, military status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, marital status or partnership status.