AKB Strategies, a boutique communications and government affairs consulting firm working with progressive non-profit organizations, trade associations, and local governments, is looking for an Intern who is interested in progressive issues and wants to learn more about strategic communications and grassroots campaigns.
The Intern’s primary responsibility will be assisting with the day-to-day coordination of a grassroots campaign to expand patients’ access to quality healthcare. The Intern will help implement social media campaigns, track press coverage, analyze online analytics, perform research and support the team on a variety of administrative tasks. An ideal candidate will be looking for real-life, hands-on experience and will be an independent, innovative and driven individual.
Location: Washington, D.C.
- Help craft and implement social media campaigns that capture the stories of cancer patient/survivor advocates.
- Assist with the research, writing, and development of owned media content like blogs, patient stories, press pitches, talking points, and campaign reports.
- Help track and analyze multistate earned media campaigns on healthcare related issues.
- Develop and distribute daily media clips to client teams.
- Work on a variety of essential office and administrative duties.
- College Junior, Senior or a Graduate student with a year of experience in a related field.
- Strong outreach and verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple work streams
- Tech-savvy and proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Competency in web content management, WordPress, Google Analytics and social media
- Passion for progressive issues
Compensation: $15.00 / Hour
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: AKB Strategies Intern
AKB Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion/creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, military status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, marital status or partnership status.